Right after a business/startup is established efforts need to be made to make the business/startup a success. Marketing digital strategies, well-thought idea, well-generated funds, and a team of experts alone cannot lead the business towards success.
As we all know that the success and growth of a business/startup lie on the very factor of how best marketing strategies examples they set and how much it can create demand, attract customers and earn profit through the sales of its products. To create demand for the products it is necessary that the right marketing strategies are adopted because unless the customers get to know about the product, how will they buy them.
Starting the market and adopting the right marketing strategies is essential as it helps in building a brand name and expanding the consumer base.
In today’s world, digital marketing is the most used way of advertising products. With the changing times, everything has come online and thus entrepreneurs try to use this factor to their advantage by marketing plan strategy.
Digital marketing over the years has gained immense importance because it helps in attracting customers. There are several digital marketing strategies available through which the product can be advertised, but all strategies have their own pros and cons. Some digital marketing strategies may show significant results while others may prove to be a complete flop for a particular product.
Thus, it becomes important to devise the right marketing strategy and to choose the best suited digital marketing platform to make the most benefit. We should not ignore digital marketing tips, below mentioned are some best digital marketing strategies for startups that can be taken into consideration while advertising online.
Strategy #1 Social Media Marketing
Social media over the years has emerged as the biggest platform for digital marketing. If used in the right way, social media marketing has the power to make any startup a gigantic success. In today’s world almost every business whether big or small undertakes social media marketing.
Social media has a great impact on the lives of its users, and thus social media marketing creates a demand for the products advertised. Some companies even get into a paid partnership promotion of their product with the social media influencers in view of advertising and creating higher demands for their products.
Social media marketing involves several platforms through which the products can be marketed. Some of these platforms are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat.
To gain maximum benefits out of social media marketing, one needs to keep the following things in their mind:-
- One must select the best social media platform for their product. Selecting a platform which suits the marketing requirements and is best for the product helps in bringing more and more of customers.
- Secondly, one should be very consistent in uploading the content on their page. Consistency is the key to success in social media marketing. Inconsistent advertisements and pages cannot attract a customer.
- For making digital marketing work, one needs to interact with their customers. Creating a page on social media would not help unless the advertisers interact with the customers. Interacting with the customers involves asking for feedback, redirecting them to a platform where their queries are solved, providing easy purchase and payment option, trying to understand customers’ needs and preferences, solving customer grievances.
Social media marketing offers several benefits such as-
- It increases exposures and traffic
- It helps in developing loyal customers
- It improves search ranking
- Increase in sales
Strategy #2 Email Marketing
Email Marketing has lost its importance over time but is still one of the best digital marketing strategies for startups. New startups should practice email marketing to promote their product as it is cost-effective, and it can cover a wider customer base at a time for advertising.
There are top startup incubators in India who are providing these services and making you boost in the market.
The email marketing strategy can be effective if the following points are considered:-
- Include video content in the email as video content increases user interest and is more likely to catch the attention.
- Email marketing must be filled with interesting graphics and should be personalized to the reader.
- The email must be designed in such a way that it is accessible on all devices such as laptop, mobile phones, tablets.
- Make the email interesting by using brief paragraphs, bulleted list, attractive email title, subheadings.
- The email should be sent consistently, but too many emails should also not be sent. 2-3 emails a week will work.
Email marketing provides the following benefits:-
- It involves low cost
- Email marketing helps in delivering targeted messages
- In email marketing, it is easy to measure the performance and to know where one is going wrong
- It reaches a global audience
- Email marketing is well known for its instant impact creation
Strategy #3 Influencer Marketing
Influencer Marketing is a digital marketing strategy under which the company pays the influencers to advertise its products on various social media platforms.
The motive behind this lies in the fact that the influencers influence a large part of society and their usage and advertising of the product will bring in more demand for the product and help in increasing the customer base.
Influencer marketing has gained immense popularity over the years as it is cost-effective involving a very low cost of advertising as compared to the traditional practice. Influencer marketing is mostly used by new startups to create a brand name and attract customers.
Influencer marketing serves the following benefits:-
- Easy to implement and use
- It is suited for all types of products
- Helps in creating a brand name
- Attracts customers
- Word of mouth promotion helps in creating a trust for the product
- A cheaper method of advertisement and marketing
Strategy #4 Content Marketing
Content Marketing refers to the best marketing strategies which involve the creation and sharing of videos, blogs, social media posts intended to create interest in the products and services.
Content marketing is an effective strategy of digital marketing and is used by the businesses to attract attention for their products and services. Consistent content helps in attracting customers.
Content creation lies in the hands of advertisers, and good content only leads to attracting more customers. The content is created in such a way that it is worthy of people’s time, and it explains every information besides being precise and valuable.
Content marketing offers the following benefits:-
- Highly effective results
- Helpful to generate leads for your startup
- Builds trust, visibility and authority for your brand
- Build lasting relationships with the customers
- Boost brand awareness and brand recognition
- Create thought leadership
- Expanding the customer base
Strategy #5 Pay-Per-Click Marketing (Google AdWords)
Pay-Per-Click is a digital marketing strategy used to drive traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays the search engine/website owner when the ad is clicked. Pay-per-click is a very method to undertake digital marketing and no business should ignore this method.
Pay-per-click allows advertisers to bid for ad placement in a search engine’s sponsored links. Pay-per-click an online marketing plan to be successful requires a lot of efforts such as researching and selecting the right keyword, organising those keywords into ad-groups, setting up a pay-per-click landing page.
Pay-per-click is a highly costly method, and thus businesses should be careful while using it. It requires a team of experts and professionals to draft the proper plan of action for undertaking pay-per-click marketing strategy.
Pay-Per-Click offers the following benefits:-
- Pay only when they click
- Campaigns can be tracked with complete transparency
- Increase website traffic and sales
- Results are easily measurable
- Reach the right customers with the right ad
Strategy #6 Search Engine Marketing
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a form of digital marketing which involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results. Search engine marketing is also referred to as pay per click or paid search.
Keywords are referred to as the foundation of search engine marketing. As soon as a user enters a keyword of what he looking for on the search engine, the search engine ranks the various articles related to that keyword and presents it to the user. The higher rank in the search, the higher will be the customer base for a startup.
Search engine marketing compared to other digital marketing strategies is highly costly and may run a business/startup out of its budget. Thus, a business/startup would require a team of experts and professionals to implement and maximize the benefits of search engine marketing.
Search engine marketing offers the following benefits:-
- SEM grabs the attention of the right audience at the right time
- SEM is measurable as it allows precise success tracking
- It generates qualified traffic to the websites
- It helps in building and increasing brand awareness
- It helps in appearing on competitors related keywords
Strategy #7 Search Engine Optimisation
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) refers to the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic through organic search results to the website.
Search engine optimisation offers the following benefits:-
- Search engine optimisation targets quality traffic
- One does not need to pay for ads in search engine optimisation
- Search engine optimisation generates more click in comparison to other digital marketing strategies
- Search engine optimisation is a primary source of leads
- Search engine optimisation builds brand credibility
- Search engine optimisation ensures Mobile-Friendliness of the website
Strategy #8 YouTube Marketing
As the internet’s second-largest search engine, YouTube can help improve the search engine optimisation (SEO) and overall brand presence. YouTube marketing is a great digital marketing tool for brands and is also the best channel to use for video marketing.
To make the best use of YouTube marketing, one must make efforts to understand what type of video content works best for their business. Considered the best marketing tools for startups.
The following benefits are offered by YouTube Marketing:-
- Self-explanatory videos that help in explaining the product
- Has a wide and very diverse audience
- YouTube videos show up early in google searches
- Attracts more and more customers
- YouTube offers creativity with originality
- YouTube videos can be shared on other websites. Thus, giving the option of cross-platform marketing.
Strategy #9 Viral Marketing
Viral Marketing is a digital marketing strategy under which content is shared the maximum number of times by the people on different social media platforms within a short span of time. When the content goes viral, it becomes an overnight success attracting more and more customers.
Referring to online activities, any strategy that encourages word-of-mouth publicity/promotion can be considered as viral marketing. Viral marketing has nothing to do with the creators, i.e. it completely relies on the audience who generate and share the message of a product or service. This is the best answer to “How to promote a startup“.
Viral marketing has the ability to generate interest and the potential sale of the product through a widely spread messages which attracts not only the targeted group but a wide consumer base.
Viral marketing offers the following benefits:-
- Lower advertising costs
- It leads to overnight success and fast growth
- It brings recognition, trust and acceptance for the brand or product
- Increases credibility of the organisation
- Increased sales
- Rapid lead generation
Strategy #10 Referral Marketing
Referral Marketing a great marketing technique for startups refers to the method of promotion of products and services to new customers through referrals, i.e. word-of-mouth by the existing customers. Referrals often happen spontaneously, but the business/startup can influence it through appropriate strategies.
Businesses offer the current and existing customers certain rewards such as cash prizes, discounts, shopping vouchers if they refer their product to other people. This strategy helps in advertising the product and creating a wider customer base.
Referral marketing involves a very low cost of advertisement, is powerful and trusted. Referrals turn satisfied customers into convincing sales promoters.
Referral Marketing offers the following benefits:-
- It helps the company to retain and establish long-term relations with customers
- The number of referrers helps in ascertaining consumer satisfaction as both are directly related
- Helps in producing more profits at a lower cost
- Helps in creating business credibility, brand image and recognition